Tuesday, April 21, 2009

dangling meat

So tonight I walked into the gym at my apartment complex and saw that they had installed a shiny new vending machine. It's a pretty small gym, so this new machine, full of great unhealthy snacks like chips, soda & chocolate bars, stood out like a sore thumb. I stopped dead in my tracks and thought, "You gotta be kidding me! A snack machine in the gym? Are they demented?" I got on the treadmill directly across from the snack machine and at first thought that may not be the wisest choice. But I figured out that there were exactly 25 items in the snack machine, so I concentrated on counting them, over and over and over again. It seemed to help. Maybe having the snacks in front of me like that was a good thing, like dangling meat in front of a dog or something! Motivation! :)

No comments: