Saturday, April 3, 2010

All You Need Is Love...and Paul McCartney


So last weekend, I got the chance of a lifetime when my friend Joan invited me to go with her on a trip to Phoenix to see Paul McCartney in concert. I've always wanted to see him play live, so I decided at the last minute, why the heck not? It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. He rocked for nearly three hours -- and he's 67 years old! When he would sing Beatles songs, I would close my eyes and pretend like they were all still there on stage...and it wasn't so hard to imagine. They also allowed cameras, so I brought my new Canon EOS with an 80-200mm lens in and got some great photos! Paul McCartney has some kind of magic that just made everyone at the concert happy, something other being a brilliant musician. It truly was an amazing experience...I can now die a happy woman because I have seen at least one Beatle perform! Thank you Sir McCartney, for an amazing show, and thank you, Joan, for letting me tag along!

No comments: