Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fat fish


Just a few random thoughts from the weekend...

  • Why is it that the movie Steel Magnolias still makes me cry - and laugh - even after I've seen it probably 100 times?

  • I stopped in at the grocery store the other day and decided to get a piece of catfish. As I was about to ask the guy behind the counter for it, suddenly that scene in the movie Must Love Dogs played in my mind. You know, where the single woman buys a single chicken breast and he gives her hell about it, asking if she's sure that's all she wants. As I'm running through this in my head, I ended up asking for one piece of "FATfish. Er, I mean catfish, please." The guy looked at me kinda funny and I tried to play it off, but I know what happened. I let those "I'm single, eating alone, ugly and fat" thoughts creep into my head. Never knew the seafood counter could be so traumatic! Sheesh.

  • What is this fascination people seem to have with "going to the lake" and "floating the river?" I truly do not get it. It's already around 95 degrees with humidity in the 70% range and it's technically not officially summer yet. There's just nothing about the lake or tubing that I find appealing. I always say, "Round body, round tube, slippery water = disaster." And why is it that I seem to be the only one who doesn't like summer?

No comments: