Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Danny & Annie

If you've known me for long, you know that I love a good story. And a good love story is even better. Tonight I watched the animated short film that was made using StoryCorps recordings of a New York couple named Danny & Annie. Danny wrote Annie a love letter every day they were married. The film chronicles their first recording...and their last. Watch it, but have the Kleenex ready. It made me think about my grandparents. Both sets. My mom's parents were married for 57 years before grandma died. And my dad's parents are still alive and have been married for 67 years. I've asked grandma how they've made it all these years and she just shrugs it off and jokes, "We're just too lazy to do anything about it." But I'm not buying it. I've seen it. I've seen true, long-lasting love. Danny & Annie didn't have as many years together as my grandparents, but they certainly had as much love. May we all be so blessed to find love like this, if even for a little while. (See it here: http://video.pbs.org/video/1568346876)

No comments: