Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blush and Bashful

Today I emailed my sister and asked her what her favorite color is...we need to know for her Christmas gift(s) and I was being oh-so-sneaky. Ha. Below was her response. I love that she wants to be fair to all the colors of the rainbow!

Q: What's your favorite color?
A: I don't have an ultimate favorite, it's not fair to the other colors. I'll tell you what colors I don't care for… orange unless it's burnt orange, any pastel with the exception of pink. I'm not really all that into browns unless it's a very rich chocolate brown… and I don't like holiday colors together unless it's that holiday and I'm not a fan of pink and purple together for an adult … does that help?


This made me wonder what Pantone named as their color of the year...low and behold, it's Honeysuckle, aka pink! Love it. Then of course I immediately thought of one of the greatest movie quotes of all time: "My colors are blush and bashful, momma!"

And yes, Jill, I purposefully mixed pink and purple together in this blog post! :)

No comments: