Thursday, June 25, 2009

They gave us all they had to give

I've fallen down on my blogging job lately, but today we lost two icons of American culture -- Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson -- so I feel I had to write something. Tonight I found a copy of a column I wrote for my college paper in 1993 about Michael Jackson. It was before the child molestation charges, before many of the plastic surgeries. It's not great writing, but I still feel the same way. Michael Jackson was a musical genius who probably had a tortured soul after a lifetime in a cruel biz. There won't be another Michael Jackson. And there won't be another Farrah Fawcett, either. RIP, Farrah and Michael. You will be missed. Fellow musician, Lenny Kravitz, said it best with a lovely tribute to Michael Jackson tonight on Twitter.



No comments: