Sunday, February 28, 2010

"He Smiled at Me."

Mom called me yesterday and said, “I think I just saw Jesus on Coyote Trail (the road behind her house)…and he smiled at me." She went on to describe how he looked just like all the drawing and paintings you see of Jesus – long hair, sandals, everything. I kind of laughed at her and told her to call me if Jesus knocked on her door or something. But then mom said something like, “Na, I got what I needed from him – that smile was it.” I got goose bumps immediately.

Mom has been really nervous about what the results of her latest CT scan will show. She’s been taking chemo pills for about two months and we’ll finally find out if they are working. I guess that smile from “Jesus” was just the encouragement and hope she needed right at that moment. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: