Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Lucky Charm


I was feeling pretty stressed and overwhelmed yesterday. I’m playing catch up at work after being out dealing with my mom’s passing, plus we are just really, really busy right now. We’re working on some fun things, but all the little details and “to dos” at work and with mom’s estate just seemed to be piling up. I had trouble falling asleep, but once I finally did, I had a dream about my mom. The first one since she died. I was sitting on the couch and she was in her chair and she was talking to me, making me feel better. Then she told me what I really needed was a pill. She stood up (and didn’t have to use a walker!) and walked over to her pill case, something we got really used to seeing in real life. She opened it up and there were all different colored and shaped pills. Come to think of it, they kind of looked like the pill version of Lucky Charms! She handed me the small pink heart-shaped pill and told me it would help me rest. I sure slept hard…and woke up with a smile on my face. Mom’s still there to help me when I really need her.