Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fa la la la

Fa la la la, my butt. I love Christmas, but I really, really hate decorating the tree. Seriously, what is so great about Christmas trees anyway? First, you have to drag everything out of the storage closet/attic, then you spend what seems like hours of unpacking all the limbs, fluffing them and trying to decipher what color their ends are painted. Inevitably, I get a couple wrong and end up with a really short limb on the same row as longer limbs. Ugh. Let's not even talk about the lights, ok? I got my tree up last weekend, but put off decorating until tonight. I couldn't even finish. HALF of a strand of lights went out AFTER I got them all up, so I had to replace them with a new strand I bought on sale last year. Let me just say whoever the yahoo was who decided to put mini white lights on white cords instead of green cords is an idiot. Scratch that - I'm the idiot for being too cheap to just donate the old tree and get a pre-lit one! ARGH! I may just scrap the tree altogether! Lights are up, but they're coming back down once I get enough energy. The white cords show up too much, especially when the lights on the bottom have green cords. If this tree ever gets done, it will be a Christmas miracle.

No comments: