Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Adventures in dog & cat sitting continued...

Well, I've had some much-appreciated (and much-needed) help from Aunt Becky the last few days. She loves dogs and is really good with them, so she's been coming over to play with the little black dog and walk him. On one of her walks after he did his business, Aunt Becky saw what she thought looked like worms. Ack! So, being the wonderful woman she is, she called his vet and took him in today to get a shot and a pill to kill any fleas he might have on him. A big thank you to Aunt Becky for taking care of Dexter (and the rest of us, really) so well! :)

The cats are still really nervous and acting like they're starving to death. Last night, I caught them digging in the kitchen trash! With their parents' permission, I bought them some dry food to put in their self feeder...boy did they gobble that up! Happy kitties. Er, a little happier, anyway.

Tomorrow night, Aunt Becky and my sister are taking turns watching the little black dog & the kitties because I am going to the Pat Benatar & Blondie concert! Woo hoo! I feel a little guilty and like I'm shirking my sitting responsibilities...na, I'm over it. I am simply sharing the joy of hanging out with these adorable animals with others, right? ;)

Meanwhile, I am spending about an hour at my own place, to give MY kitty some love. She's used me being gone all the time and very independent, thankfully, but I still feel bad. Signing off now to pet her...

No comments: