Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ding, dong the witch is dead, the Witch is really dead!


Tonight something incredible happened. I sold the infamous Couch of Many Colors!

Many of you know that this couch was a hand-me-down from a friend. It served me well for many, many years. It served her before me for many years and served someone else for many years prior to that. I've given it away to friends a couple of times, tried to sell it several times, but somehow it always made its way back to me. A few months ago, I found an incredible deal on three pieces of living room furniture at Ikea, so the COMC has been sitting in my garage. I made arrangements for the Salvation Army to come pick it up one weekend, but Hurricane Ike interfered. They called and cancelled the pick up because initially, we were expecting bad weather here in Austin. It never came...and the couch never left. I began to think there was some cosmic reason why this couch wouldn't leave!

But tonight it was loaded onto a truck...I watched it leave. And this time I don't think it will return to me. The COMC is bound for a guest room in Mexico! So unless it gets stopped at the border and sent back to me (oh God, please no), the COMC is gone!

Ding, dong the witch is dead, the Witch is really dead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your dad would probably miss that couch. I think I even slept on it once (?). I love your site...some interesting reading. Have a good week. %)

Dianne

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! It's really gone? We've moved that thing how many times? It only weighed about 1000 lbs....Congratulations.