Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I almost took down the new Dancing With the Stars champ!

In August 2005, my friend Jennifer & I flew to Vegas for a week long vacation. (Way too long for Vegas, but that’s another story.) I was completely obsessed with the TV show Rockstar INXS at the time & got the hair-brained idea that we should drive to LA and wait in line and be in the audience at one of the live tapings. So that’s what we did!

Our friends Kristen and Brian drove up from San Diego to meet us – they’re a cute young couple so I swear that’s how we ended up on the floor of the studio. They were shuffled to the stage, but me and Jennifer ended up a little farther back, just in front of the little platform where all the contestants sat while waiting to perform. It was pretty fun and of course interesting to watch the process of making a “reality” show. During one of the breaks, I was hot, so I lifted my hair off my shoulders. When I brought my arms down, my elbow smashed into someone – I was horrified when I turned to see that it was the show’s host, Brooke Burke! She was walking through the aisle to get set up for her next shot when Bam! My big ol’ arm crashes into her! She’s a tiny little thing, even for a Hollywood type, so it startled her and even stopped her in her tracks for a second. I apologized profusely, but she just smiled and kept walking.

Last night Brooke was crowned the Dancing With the Stars winner. Just think – I almost took out the DWTS champ three years ago! Leave it to me.

Here’s footage of Brooke introducing my favorite contestant from Rockstar INXS, Jordis Unga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVnTfZFP4yU.

No comments: