Saturday, November 29, 2008

The "smart" thing to do

I've had my cell phone for almost two years -- only two years -- but lately I've been feeling slightly behind the times. My cell phone doesn't have a camera, can't play videos, doesn't even have an alpha keyboard and can't even access the Internet. I don't need all those things, I reasoned.

Well, when my sister, who works at Apple, got h
er iPhone, I had serious smart phone envy. Then my nephew got a smart phone. Still, I resisted. I did, however, get a text messaging plan about a year ago. People laugh at me when I text -- it takes forever! But I embraced it and I swear I even have traces of "texting thumb" already!

I just read this article (http://www.statesman.com/life/content/life/stories/other/11/29/1129phoneshame.html) and now I'm convinced. It's time to get a smart phone. It's the smart thing to do! (I called today and found out that I can upgrade to a new phone after December 8! Woo hoo...smart phone, here I come.)

No comments: